Assistant Quantity Surveyor
At Griffiths, our people are our company. The way in which we treat people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work – is a core value that has driven our continued growth over the past five decades. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry. We are a Welsh regional civil engineering and construction contractor with our head office based in Abergavenny. Operating out of regional centres across Wales and England we construct new roads, bridges and railways as well as maintaining existing developments.
You will be joining a dynamic and inclusive commercial team, surrounded by a group of people who want to learn and develop. This will provide you with the opportunity to grow and progress within the team, whilst being supported at all times.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our rail project team supporting our Core Valley Line packages of work in Taff’s Well, South Wales.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As Assistant Quantity Surveyor you may have worked in a similar industry and may have experience of working on civil engineering projects, although not essential. Other responsibilities for this role, whilst being supported, will include:
- Preparing and timely submission of valuations and receipt of certificates
- Securing payments from customers within the specified contract terms
- Recording, monitoring and reviewing the financial performance of a contract
- Managing financial accounts and report to line manager on performance of projects
- Liaising with the client on the project performance
- Subcontract procurement and management of subcontractor accounts
- Pre-contract pricing as required
The Ideal Candidate
It is preferred that the successful candidate are:
- Educated to degree level in Quantity Surveying, although other equivalent qualifications may be accepted (HNC/HND)
- Graduate members of a relevant professional body e.g. CICES, RICS
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- A passion for safety
- Drive and ambition to succeed
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy and analytical ability
- Commercial awareness
- Creativity and imagination
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
- Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited