Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Transport for Wales, Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We’re now recruiting a railway Design Manager for Transformation of the Core Valley Lines who will be responsible for the project teams with the development of new and delivery of existing designs in accordance with company policies, procedures and Railway Standards.
- Strong communication and project co-ordination focus
- Conversant across varied construction sectors (rail, civils, structures, M&E, OLE)
- Proficient in IT (Microsoft Office package)
- Knowledge and experience using various BIM packages when working in Network Rail Common Data Environment (Projectwise, Connect Bentley, AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit, Navisworks, etc.)
- Accountable for the day-to-day management and co-ordination of technical and engineering activities
- Attend, coordinate and participate in IDC and IDR’s review meetings
- Ensure that all construction activities described within the designs are applicable to current standards, legislation, contract requirements and specifications
- Ensure implementation of Railway Group and Network Rail Standards
- Produce and submit Technical Queries / RFIs and manage their issue and distribution
- Review and check design drawings to ensure compliant constructability
- Lead and undertake design review meetings with parties concerned, writing minutes etc.
- Experience with designing bridges
- Main contractor experience is desirable
- Management and liaison between various designers
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree/HnD in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) desirable
- Membership of the Insititution of Civil Engineers desirable
- 5 years experience within construction, ideally working for a Principal Contractor
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited