Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Maintenance Operative to join our team in Abergavenny. Based in Waterways House we are looking for an experienced Maintenance operative to support the team with every day tasks and maintenance. We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Yard Managers, you will be required to manager your time in line with the set tasks and comply with Company and functional procedures and standards.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Washing all plant entering the yard ready for inspection/ Maintenance.
- Maintaining the wash area inline with our environmental procedure/ policy.
- Carrying out Yard Maintenance
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a candidate who possesses the following skills:
- Property maintenance experience, i.e. Pressure washing, bricking, basic carpentry.
- Knowledge of Plant or experience working around.
- Some site experience preferred.
- CSCS Card preferred but not essential.
- Valid UK Driving Licence.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited