Mobile Plant Fitter
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Mobile Fitter to be based between Newport, Chepstow and Gloucester.
On a day to day basis, the successful candidate’s duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Reporting to sites daily.
- Diagnosing faults and carry out repairs in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Ensuring servicing and preventive maintenance is carried out on time.
- Ordering parts.
- Ensuring that your van is kept clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that the Health and Safety standards are met on site daily.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate previous experience of working as a mobile plant fitter as well as possess good knowledge and understanding of plant machinery and equipment. Ideally you will be apprentice trained in construction/agricultural plant maintenance or be a time served mechanical fitter. You must be able to have excellent communication skills and work well on your own initiative.
- Recognised apprenticeship preferably a higher-level standard.
- Full UK driving license.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?