Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Plant Trainer to be based at our Head Office in Abergavenny.
As a Plant Trainer, you will be managing the plant training requirements within the business.
The successful will have extensive experience as a plant operator on various items of plant and be qualified as a Plant Tester / Trainer in a recognised scheme. Strong co-ordinating skills are needed to maximise our self-delivery strategy as this role is key to ensure the highest standard of operations are maintained on site.
On a day to day basis, the successful candidate’s duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Managing a data base of 500 plus staff trained in plant operating.
- Keeping personnel records updated on systems.
- Monitoring expiry of qualifications and communicate with staff for renewals.
- Co-ordinating training / assessments with site teams.
- Carrying out MPQC assessments on various categories.
- Complete NVQ’s.
- Support the development of Apprentices/ staff in plant operating and prepare training plans when required.
- Coach operators in utilisation and working modes to support business in reaching net zero.
- Where necessary, co-ordinate training with providers.
- Negotiate rates with training providers.
- Advise on Health & Safety matters when required.
- Deliver Toolbox Talks and take part in briefings/ stand down days.
- Carry out observation checks on operators.
- Willing to travel to all AGC contracts for any of the above prepared to have nights out when necessary to maximise working week.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be expected to be in receipt of the following:
- Experience in Plant Testing/ Training in line with a recognised scheme on a number of categories.
- Experience completing NVQ’s within the standards.
- Experience operating a number of plant categories.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Confident coaching experienced operators in utilisation of plant.
- Knowledge of health and safety processes in the construction plant sector.
- Self-motivated maximising the working week.
Furthermore, we would like candidates to have an industry approved Plant Testing/ Training qualification, a Driving Licence and a First Aid certificate.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited