Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We’re now recruiting for a Project Manager for the Western region of our rail division who will be responsible for the safe execution of one or more simultaneous projects as directed by the Contracts Manager, in accordance with a valid, executed contract, per company policies, procedures and work instructions. The project manager will aim to ensure all commercial objectives are met and will also seek to enhance the reputation of the company.
The Project Manager will be accountable for, but not limited to:
- Managing site staff performance in conjunction with HR
- Providing health and safety leadership to the operational delivery teams and promoting behavioural safety improvements
- Ensuring that site teams rigorously adhere to Network Rail’s Life Saving Rules and reporting requirements
- Complying with all relevant HSE legislation, Network Rail Standards and Eurocodes
- Ensuring policies and procedures of the Rail Management System are fully discharged
- Promoting and implementing sustainable business objectives
- Achieving gross site margin target as set by the business
- Supporting as required the estimating and planning process for specific schemes/region
- Ensuring sufficient and competent resources are in place for the delivery of contracts and business and project objectives are communicated
- Developing and maintaining programmes through the project life cycle and ensuring works are delivered against the contract programme
- Leading the project risk management process and ensuring effective controls are established to support delivery of the project
- Ensuring project opportunities are identified and realised to maintain and improve the commercial project performance
- Promoting and maintaining effective client/stakeholder relationships to protect and enhance company reputation leading to repeat business
- Upholding the core company values and inspiring and encouraging the same throughout the team
- Ensuring that all mandatory reporting of KPI’s, Close Calls, accidents and incidents are carried out as per AGC and Network Rail procedures
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role it is likely the ideal candidate will have a relevant Degree or HND in civil engineering or be in possession of relevant equivalent experience.
You’ll also have a high level of commercial acumen and be a confident and articulate communicator. As this is a management level opportunity, your proven leadership skills will also need to demonstrated as will your extensive IT skills.
It would be beneficial if you were a PTS and CSCS card holder and had SMSTS or equivalent.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
- Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited