Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Transport for Wales, Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We’re now recruiting a railway Project Manager in Pontypridd for Transformation of the Core Valley Lines who will be responsible for the safe execution of projects from construction phase mobilisation to hand back, in accordance with company policies, procedures and Railway Standards. You’ll also be responsible for the timely and commercially advantageous delivery of assigned projects.
Based at the TFW project office in Treforest, the Project Manager will report to the Contracts Manager and has a responsibility to ensure that the Projects are accurately priced, delivered on time and to budget in a safe, environmentally friendly manner and to the high quality standards demanded by the project. They will also:
- Health and safety leadership to the assigned operational delivery site team
- Delivering a high quality and profitable package of work
- Ensuring that site management team rigorously adhere to Transport for Wales’ Life Saving Rules
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant HSE legislation and NR/TfW Standards
- Promoting and implementing sustainable business objectives
- Achieving gross site margin target on allocated schemes as directed by the contracts manager
- Compliance with all relevant NR/TfWStandards, Griffiths Procedures and HSE guidance
- Ensuring sufficient and competent resource is in place for the delivery of the project and ensuring the project objectives are communicated to the site team
- Developing and maintaining a construction programme and ensuring works are communicated and delivered against milestones.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role it is likely the ideal candidate will have a relevant Degree or HND in civil engineering or similar or be in possession of relevant equivalent experience. You may have been in your current role for a while and developed some great construction experience that you are now ready to apply in a new challenge.
In addition you’ll be Personal Track Safety certificated and have proven leadership skills.
You will also be in possession of an SMSTS and have a relevant CSCS card.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Company car or car allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited