Project Quantity Surveyor
Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor to join our Infrastructure Team working on the North Devon Link Road project for the next two years, and then within the South West regional business following it’s completion.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of backgrounds.
As a Project Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor you will have worked in the construction industry, preferably on civil engineering projects, but wouldn’t be excluded for consideration if you haven’t. Working as part of the Commercial Team, you will be required to prepare and articulate competent plans for any scale of project that comply with Company and functional procedures and standards. Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Assisting with the measurement and preparation of valuations
- Preparing and agreeing interim valuations and final accounts
- Recording, monitoring and reviewing the financial performance of contracts
- Liaising and presenting to the client on the project performance
- Securing payments from customers within the specified contract terms
- Assisting with subcontract procurement and management of subcontractor accounts
- Mentor and manage subordinate staff where applicable
The Ideal Candidate
It is preferred that the successful candidate is;
- educated to degree level in Quantity Surveying, although other equivalent qualifications may be accepted (HNC/HND)
- members of a relevant professional body e.g. CICES, RICS
- experienced in working on general Civil Engineering projects, or working within the construction industry in other sectors
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- A passion for safety
- Experience of using the NEC forms of contract
- Drive and ambition to succeed
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy and analytical ability
- Good negotiation skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Organisational ability
- Customer focus and the ability to build relationships.
- Good IT skills specifically on spreadsheets, databases and the ability to adapt to bespoke software packages
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Tarmac Trading Limited