Senior Project Manager
At Griffiths, our people are our company. The way in which we treat people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work – is a core value that has driven our continued growth over the past five decades. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry. We are a Welsh regional civil engineering and construction contractor with our head office based in Abergavenny. Operating out of regional centres across Wales and England we construct new roads, bridges and railways as well as maintaining existing developments.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our Team.
Based within the South West of England initially working on our schemes within the Portsmouth area, we are looking for an experienced individual looking to take the next career step.
We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, the suitable candidate will have a responsibility to ensure that the Projects are accurately priced, delivered on time and to budget in a safe, environmentally friendly manner and to the high-quality standards set. They will also:
- Engage with the Client during the Design phase building the Target Cost to ensure the schemes are priced accurately and risks are understood and allocated between the relevant parties
- Develop agreed programmes and methodologies during the Design phase
- Ensure Alun Griffiths comply with all Client and legal obligations throughout the duration of the projects.
- Comply and implement the companies Integrated Management System procedures and guidance and promote its implementation with the Project Team
- Develop a proactive working relationship with Clients and Consultants and report any potential issues or opportunities to the Contracts Manager
- Familiarise themselves with all Contract Documentation and Drawings including Company Management Plans to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of the Project
- Implement and address items requested by the Contracts Manager, and review the Contract Programme for their Projects and inform of any improvements or concerns
- Monitor delivery of the project, identifying risk and opportunities to optimise project delivery through the development and management of a Project Risk Register for wider programme issues, ensuring that the Agents develop and manage their section specific Risk Registers for local issues
- Set and align targets in line with budget forecast, review cost/value with the Managing Quantity Surveyor through weekly cost meetings
- Identify and action improvements to prevent losses, maximise profitability, and report Cost/Value to the Contracts Manager on a Monthly basis
- Promote and lead the site safety culture, ensuring that all works are carried out in a planned, controlled and safe manner, in accordance with statutory regulations, current standards, and the Company SHEQ standards
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a candidate ideally with previous Project Management experience within an operational environment who possesses the following skills/experience:
- Extensive experience of Civil Engineering industry particularly ideally with experience of road works etc.
- Strong personal and organisational skills
- Strong communication and IT skills
- Good attention to detail
- To be self-motivated and be able to prioritise and manage workload
- To be responsive to the needs of internal and external customers and colleagues
- Preferably a further education qualification e.g. Degree or HND/HNC (ideally relatable to Civil Engineering)
- CSCS qualification
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Car or car allowance
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited