Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We are currently recruiting for skilled and experienced Operatives to join our team on the A391 North Devon Link Road Project located between Barnstaple and South Molton. This important and strategic scheme involves the widening of the existing carriageway into three-lane running while maintaining current traffic flow.
In our effort to create a diverse and inclusive work environment, we welcome applicants from all ethnicity and background for these roles.
- Accepting and understanding verbal and written instruction communicated by the Site Foreman and Line Managers concerning work tasks and routines.
- Working as a member of a team in undertaking those tasks in a safe and competent manner as directed by the Site Foreman and/or Line Manager.
- Understanding and compliance of all company rules, policies and working time procedures.
- Adherence to company Health and Safety rules, policies and procedures and encouraging the same in others at all times.
The Ideal Candidate
Successful candidates will have previous experience within the Civil Engineering industry and, preferably, on similar highway projects. Candidates would be expected to have experience and knowledge of one or more of the following disciplines:
- Earthworks and excavations
- Drainage and underground service diversions
- General carriageway construction
- Structural Concrete
- To possess a valid CSCS card
- To be eligible to work in the UK
- To work site hours (Generally 07.30 – 17.30 Monday to Friday)
- To work occasional night and weekend shifts
- To be motivated and enthusiastic
Successful candidates will be given every opportunity to develop and progress their careers with a forward thinking and rapidly expanding business on future schemes across the South West region.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited