Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Transport for Wales, Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We now have an opportunity for a Transport Assistant to join our team at our Head Office in Abergavenny.
You will be working in a fast paced transport team Planning the safe and cost-effective utilisation of all HGV related requirements within the business, co-ordinating the workforce and equipment to operate inline with our safety standards.
Reporting to the Transport Manager, the successful Transport Assistant will on a day to day basis, be carrying out tasks such as:
- Processing Timesheets & Holiday requests for Authorisation by Transport Manager.
- Manage Defect system and passing on all Defects to Transport Planner & Transport Manager.
- Taking bookings for Sweepers, Tippers & Material orders and imputing customer/ contract onto POD Father.
- Use Syrinx for all hires to ensure its captured on invoice run.
- Quote & Invoice customers for materials delivered also banking of cheques received.
- Setup and manage all Tippers on POD Father ensuring work can be completed on mobile devise.
- Brief sweepers and tippers on their bookings/ task.
- Collate all Service, 6 Weekly, Tacho Calibrations, Hiab Certs & MOT records for fleet and ensure SYRINX is kept up to date with all reminders.
- Maintain training records for staff ensuring renewals are completed on time.
- Monitor FORS Compliance & Updates for 12 Monthly Audits.
- Ensure all E-Learning is kept up to date annually.
- Assist Transport Manager in updating RAMS and keeping team briefed on updates.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following experience
- Experience in managing staff (essential)
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Understanding of health and safety processes
- Knowledge of transport-related HR processes
- Experience using transport related systems to aid with efficient management.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
- Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited