Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Transport Planner to be based at our Head Office in Abergavenny.
As a Transport Planner, you will be working in a fast-paced transport team by planning the safe and cost-effective utilisation of all HGV related requirements within the business. You will also be co-ordinating the workforce and equipment to operate inline with our safety standards.
Reporting directly to the Transport Manager, the successful candidate’s duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Taking bookings for Hiabs, Lowloader & plant related requests.
- Planning all deliveries and collections of plant and equipment on syrinx scheduler.
- Plan STGO requirements using ESDAL2 programme.
- Use Syrinx system to capture all hires for invoice runs.
- Ensure safe systems of work are followed and the workforce is briefed accordingly.
- Ensure pre start checks are completed and defects communicated with workshop staff, R&M Provider & Transport Manager.
- Ensure the HGV fleet maintenance is planned and available as per a strict Maintenance schedule.
- Can work under pressure dealing with HGV breakdowns, during working week and unsocial hours.
- Supply Transport Manager with Regular updates outlining the Transport Departments Performance.
- Assist Transport Manager in updating RAMS and keeping team briefed on updates.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be expecting to be in receipt of the following:
- Experience in a Transport Management role is essential.
- Experience in managing an Operator`s Licence.
- Experience in managing large fleets of HGVs and Drivers is essential.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- Understanding of health and safety processes.
- Knowledge of transport-related HR processes.
- Experience using transport related systems to aid with efficient management.
In terms of qualifications, if you have a Transport Manager`s CPC qualification and a First Aid certificate, this would be beneficial.
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities inc. BAME; LGBTQ+; Working Parents
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac Trading Limited